Date(s) – 09/24/2022 – 09/25/2022
Register now for the Wilderness First Responder Re-Certification Hybrid
On-line only classes are also available – with a one year extension of card.
September 24-25, 2022 – Napa, CA
Saturday 8am – 7pm
Sunday 8am – 5pm
3 year card – $325.00 (includes camping at site Friday and Saturday night)
Covid Vaccinations and Masks are required for this class. We may also be requiring both a negative PCR test and a rapid at-home type test prior to the class.
Once you register and paid for the class, we will email you the following info:
Foster Calm WFR Booklet
Foster Calm Covid-19 update and 2020-21 protocol updates
Foster Calm Directions on how to set up Zoom for a patient assessment video and test.
Foster Calm Patient Assessment Videos.
See below for the Zoom technology basic requirements.
Once you have reviewed the class materials, you will need to practice and then pass the following prior to September 18, 2022 (5 days prior to the September 24-25, 2022 class session):
1. On-line WFR Re-cert written test.
2. An additional on-line written test related to Covid-19 and new protocols.
3. Splint check-off.
4. Patient Assessment Video and Test.
a. Once you are ready, you will need to send in a video of a patient assessment on a patient of your choice. You will be emailed info on where to place cameras, etc.
b. Your video will be reviewed to make sure cameras and sound will work. Your video will also be review to make sure you are ready for the test. We may ask you to practice some more and redo your video.
c. Once you have passed all the above, we will set up via zoom with an instructor for a patient assessment test. You need to provide the patient.
d. Your patient assessment test will be video taped. The video will be emailed to Foster Calm. The instructor testers will not keep a copy of the video. Foster Calm may keep the video for up to 3 years.
e. We are planning on offering some additional coaching for those who wish to practice and review the patient assessment prior to making the video and the test.
The requirement is for all the on-line tests to be completed by September 18, 2022.
Ready to register for this class!
1. First, make sure your WFR expiration is in September 1, 2022 or later.
– If you card expiration date is prior to September 1, 2022 – please contact Bobbie about possible options. If you have a 2 year card with another organization, you may still be within your grace period.
– If you are not clear when your card expires, please contact Bobbie.
2. If your card is with an organization other than Foster Calm – please send a copy/picture of your card to Bobbie. She will let you know if you can register for the class.
3. Please make sure that you read the software requirements below
4. Register and payment for the class.
Here is the link to a questionnaire – the first step in registering for the class.
Fill out the questionnaire, including the dates you will be:
1. Submitting your Patient Assessment Video
2. Scheduling your Patient Assessment Test and Splinting session
Send the filled in questionnaire to Bobbie for review.
Once you are accepted in the class, we will send you the link for payment for the class.
Looking forward to you joining the class. We have a team of instructors all ready to help with testing and the class.
Any questions – please contact Bobbie.
Complete the form below to enroll now: