Date(s) – 06/16/2014
10:00 am – 3:30 pm
Cameron Park Lake
** For current classes, look here: https://safetytrainingpros.com/lifeguard-certification/
- Candidates must have a current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED.
- Swim 550 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may use front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed.
- Complete the following event in 1 minute, 40 seconds:
–Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. Face may be in or out of the water. –Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7-10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object. –Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. –Exit the water without using a ladder or steps. –Swim 5 yards, submerge and retrieve three dive rings placed 5 yards apart in 4-7 feet of water, resurface and continue to swim another 5 yards to complete the skill sequence. Certification Requirements
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities.
- Correctly answer at least 80 percent of the questions of the written exam.
- Student materials are in the current Lifeguard Manual.
Complete the form below to enroll now:
Bookings are closed for this event.