Cameron Park Lake
2989 Cambridge Road – Cameron Park Events
Date(s) – 06/24/2016
8:30 am – 12:45 pm
Cameron Park Lake
Class is 1 days – attendance is required.
Friday, June 24 8:30 AM – 12:45 PM
The purpose of the Waterfront Skills module is to teach lifeguards the skills and knowledge needed to prevent and respond to emergencies in nonsurf, open-water areas found at public parks, resorts, summer camps and campgrounds.
Candidates must have a current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED.
Skill Prerequisites, the is no course pre-work studying.
1. Must be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of this module.
2. Swim 550 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles are allowed.
3. Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
4. Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
■ Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
■ Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
■ Return to the surface and swim 20 yards to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
5. Swim 5 yards, submerge and retrieve three dive rings placed 5 yards apart in 4 to 7 feet of water, resurface and continue to swim another 5 yards to complete the skill sequence.
Successful completion of the course includes a 2 year American Red Cross Waterfront skills certificate.
Rain or Shine
Students must bring: Bathing suit, towel, snorkel, snorkel mask, fins.
Please note: Class is non-refundable and non-transferable. Failure to complete the course, or pass the prerequisite swimming evaluation, failure to show up or late arrivals, or failure of any portion of the class is non-refundable. The class will require some strenuous physical activity. You are encouraged to check with your healthcare professional before participating. If a medical condition or disability exists that might prevent participation in the activities, or if there are questions about fully participating in the Lifeguard course, please contact Safety Training Pros (916) 538-6447 to discuss this before enrolling.
If you are experiencing difficulties signing up for an event, please let us know 844-900-SAFE (7233) or email@example.com Other dates, classes, and locations are available, call now!
Complete the form below to enroll now:
Bookings are closed for this event.