Date(s) – 06/02/2016 – 06/03/2016
9:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Blended Learning
- First Aid
- Professional Rescuers
Class is 2 days – attendance to both days is required.
Thursday, June 2 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Friday, June 3 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
The instructor course is offered in a blended learning format with both a pre-course online session and a two day classroom component.
Here are the Lifeguard Instructor Class Prerequisites —
- Be at least 17 years old by the end of the course.
- Possess one of the following:
o A current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED
o A current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid and either an American Red Cross certificate for CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or CPR/AED for Lifeguards
o An equivalent certificate from another organization
- Successfully demonstrate Lifeguard water and land skill mastery
To achieve successful Lifeguard Instructor Certification, you must:
- Successfully complete the Online Session.
- Successfully complete the Precourse Session.
- Attend and actively participate in all course sessions.
- Successfully complete class activities, including the four practice-teaching assignments.
- Score at least 80 percent on the Bloodborne Pathogens Instructor test.
- Score a minimum of 80 percent on the basic-level Administering Emergency Oxygen exam.
- Score a minimum of 80 percent on the instructor course final written exam.
You are required to pass certain Lifeguard swimming requirements: 300-yd continuous swim using front crawl (freestyle) and breaststroke. 2 minute tread using only your legs. Timed event – swim and retrieve a 10-pound object from a depth of 7-10 feet. Return to the surface with object and exit the pool without the use of ladder or stairs.
You are required to have excellent Basic Life Support and First Aid skills.
Successful completion of the course includes a 2 year American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor certificate.
Once you enroll and pay for your class you will receive additional Instructor class materials including access to the online pre-course work.
Please note: Class is non-refundable and non-transferable. Failure to complete course pre-work, or pass the prerequisite swimming evaluation, failure to show up or late arrivals, or failure of any portion of the class is non-refundable. The class will require some strenuous physical activity. You are encouraged to check with your healthcare professional before participating. If a medical condition or disability exists that might prevent participation in the activities, or if there are questions about fully participating in the Lifeguard Instructor course, please contact Safety Training Pros (916) 538-6447 to discuss this before enrolling.
If you are experiencing difficulties signing up for an event, please let us know 844-900-SAFE (7233) or [email protected]
Complete the form below to enroll now:
Bookings are closed for this event.