Date(s) – 05/25/2019 – 05/27/2019
9:00 am – 4:35 pm
Menlo Sport and Swim
- Blended Learning
- First Aid
- Professional Rescuers
Class is 3 days – attendance to all days is required.
Saturday March 25 & March 26 & March 27 9:00 AM – 4:35 PM
The instructor course is offered in a blended learning format with both a pre-course online session and a three day classroom component. The purpose of the Lifeguard Instructor course is to train instructors to teach the basic-level American Red Cross Lifeguard course. Instructor candidates will learn to plan, organize, and conduct courses per the Red Cross requirements.
Here are the Lifeguard Instructor Class Prerequisites —
- Be at least 17 years old
- Possesses a current basic-level certification in Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED
To achieve successful Lifeguard Instructor Certification, you must:
- Successfully completed the online Introduction to the Lifeguarding Instructor Course prior to May 25th.
- Obtain all instructor and participant materials before entering the first session of the instructor
- Attend and actively participate in all course sessions.
- Successfully complete class activities, including the required practice-teaching assignments.
- Demonstrate instructor-level skill competency in all skills and scenarios.
- Pass the final written exam with a minimum grade of 80 percent.
Successful completion of the course includes a 2 year American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor certificate.
Once you enroll and pay for your class you will receive additional Instructor class materials including access to the online program and all instructor and participant materials for you to print.
Please note: Class is non-refundable and non-transferable. Failure to complete course pre-work, provide proof of your basic-level Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED certification, lack of instructor-level skill competency, failure to show up or late arrivals, or failure of any portion of the class is non-refundable. The class will require some strenuous physical activity. You are encouraged to check with your healthcare professional before participating. If a medical condition or disability exists that might prevent participation in the activities, or if there are questions about fully participating in the Lifeguard Instructor course, please contact Safety Training Pros (916) 538-6447 to discuss this before enrolling.
If you are experiencing difficulties signing up for an event, please let us know 844-900-SAFE (7233) or [email protected]
Complete the form below to enroll now:
Bookings are closed for this event.