Date(s) – 08/18/2014
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Get the official First Aid certification you are required to have if you operate a school bus or youth bus. California VC Section 12522 states: (a) Every person who operates a school bus or youth bus in the transportation of school pupils shall, in addition to any other requirement for a school bus or youth bus driver’s certificate, qualify by an examination on first aid practices deemed necessary for school bus operators or youth bus operators. The program offered at Safety Training Pros is approved by the Emergency Medical Services Authority of California.
First Aid for School Bus Drivers was created to help students develop basic first aid knowledge, skills, and the confidence to respond in an emergency. The program is an excellent choice for both the community and workplace setting, and is consistent with recommendations of the 2010 National First Aid Science Advisory Board and OSHA’s best practices for first aid training programs in the workplace.
Participants will learn how to recognize and render first aid in the following emergency medical situations:
- Respiratory emergencies: obstructed airway and difficulty breathing;
- Cardiac arrest: severe allergic reaction and shock;
- Traumatic emergencies: open wounds, penetrating or blunt injuries of chest and abdomen, suspected fractures and dislocations; burns; suspected internal bleeding and suspected spinal injuries;
- Poisonings: drug or alcohol overdose;
- Altered consciousness: diabetic emergencies and convulsions;
- Environmental emergencies: heat illness and hypothermia; and
- Knowledge of EMS system access (utilization of emergency phone number: “9-1-1″).
Program certification is good for 2 years.
* If you have 4 or more drivers who will be attending this class, call for a volume discount 916-538-6447
Complete the form below to enroll now:
Bookings are closed for this event.