Having a happy and healthy workplace can increase productivity and moral. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ American Time Use Survey, people spend nearly nine hours on work-related activities during their day. With so much time spent at work, it goes without saying that a positive work environment is vital to your wellbeing. Below are 10 tips on how to make your workplace more positive.
- A happy employee is a productive employee. People who enjoy their jobs are likely to engage more thoroughly with their work.
- Keep the Office Clean and Organized. Adding plants can help create a pleasant environment as they’re both visually appealing and help clean the air.
- Get healthy. Encourage yourself to get healthy. Join a gym or take a walk during lunch. Reduce the amount of unhealthy foods and snacks you eat throughout the day.
- Stay home when sick. Enough said.
- Team building. Keep relationships within the office healthy by scheduling teambuilding activities.
- Be positive. Present an attitude of positivity and approachability.
- Have a good work and life balance. Don’t let work be your number one priority.
- Bring your pet to work. A growing body of evidence suggests that pets in the office can have positive health benefits.
- Lighting. Proper lighting is essential for a healthy work environment. Natural light is best.
- Relax. Take a deep breath.
Here at Safety Training Pros we know the importance of creating a safe and happy workplace. We strive to make sure that all of our clients maintain an environment that is healthy in a variety of ways. Understanding how to protect yourself and others from diseases, knowing how to assist in an emergency and taking CPR and First Aid classes, are just a few of the ways we try to help. For more information on classes that we provide please contact us at 844-900-SAFE (7233) or visit our website.